CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
This is to call for submissions for the BENUE 40 Anthology of Short Fiction and Poetry. This anthology which is the first of its kind in Nigeria is to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of Benue State which was created on February 3rd, 1976 by the military administration headed by General Murtala Ramat Mohammed. The anthology will be presented to the public in March 2016, and will feature works by 40 under 40 writers of Benue State origin. The main objective of this anthology is to usher in a new generation of Benue writers and contribute to the development of literature in Benue State.
- Entrants must be born in 1976 or after (must be 40years in 2016 or younger) and must be indigenes (including non-indigenous spouses who are indigenes by marriage) of Benue State.
- Published or unpublished entries must be original works of the entrants and themed on any subject and written in English Language.
- Entries in the two feature genres (short fiction and poetry) by a same entrant are allowed.
- Maximum of 2 poems per entry are allowed with no length limit.
- Maximum of 2 short stories per entry are allowed with no length limit.
- Text must be in Microsoft Word Times New Roman Font Size 12 with double line spacing.
- Illustrations in the work are not allowed whatsoever.
- Translated works are allowed (in English Language) but credits must be given to the original authors by translators (who must be in the entry age category).
- No entry fee is allowed.
- Submissions should be emailed with a full bio details including name, phone number, email, date of birth, place of birth, gender, local government of origin (in the body of the work) to the Editor firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘BENUE 40 ANTHOLOGY PROJECT’
- Deadline for all submissions is Wednesday 3rd February, 2016 by 00:00hrs GMT +1
- This call for submissions is open only to Benue State indigenes (including non-indigenous spouses married to Benue State indigenes) resident anywhere in the world.
N.B: The BENUE 40 Anthology of Short Fiction and Poetry requires financial support to cover publishing costs; therefore assistance is welcome from the general public who will be fully acknowledged in the work. For financial assistance, contact the Editor, ANDREW AONDOSOO LABE on 08099208880 | 08090695743.
Or send contributions to The Editor,
Labe Andrew Aondosoo
Savings Account Number: 2681 08 6424 EcoBank Plc, then text transaction details to 08099208880 for acknowledgement. Thank You!
ANDREW AONDOSOO LABE
BENUE 40 Anthology of Short Fiction and Poetry
Facebook/Andrew Aondosoo Labe
Twitter/@andylabe2586 | @gabadayanews